The Media Vaca Publishing House was founded in Valencia in 1998 by Vicente Ferrer Azcoiti (Valencia, 1963) and Begoña Lobo Abascal (Bilbao, 1963).
- December. No tinc Paraules (I have no words), Narices, buhitos, volcanes (Noses, little owls, volcanoes) and Pelo de Zanahoria (Carrot hair).
- December 18th. Presentation of the first books in La Guillotina Gallery & Bookshop (Valencia) in the presence of the illustrators.
- March-November. Participation in the XIV Young People and Children’s Book Fair, a travelling exhibit organized by the Regional Library and Book Service of the Madrid Regional Government.
- July. Alfabeto sobre la literatura infantil (Alphabet on children literature).
- September. 100 greguerías ilustradas (100 Illustrated greguerias).
- October. Aroma de galletas (The smell of cookies).
- November 17th. The Media Vaca web page began operation.
- November 25th. Presentation of the new titles in La Guillotina (Valencia) in the presence of the illustrators.
- December 16th. Presentation of 100 greguerías ilustradas in IVAM (Valencia). Participants: Ioana Zlotescu, Antonio Fernández Molina, César Fernández Arias, Juan Manuel Bonet, and Vicente Ferrer.
- February 17th. Presentation of “Libros para niños” Collection in the Círculo de Bellas Artes of Madrid. Discussion with Arnal Ballester, Gabriela Rubio, César Fernández Arias, Antonio Fernández Molina, and Vicente Ferrer, moderated by Jesús Marchamalo.
- March 27th-30th. Media Vaca Presentation to students, directed by Jesús de Francisco Sánchez-Pantoja and a workshop about “false engraving” taught by Vicente Ferrer in the Escuela de Arte de Murcia (Art School of Murcia).
- March 31st. Lecture about Illustration. Plastic Arts and Design Conferences, coordinated by Carmen Iranzo. Escuela de Arte, Murcia.
- March. Hogar dulce hogar (Home sweet home), a flip book.
- May 26th–June 11th. Half a stand (shared with Libros del Innombrable Publishing House of Zaragoza) in the Madrid Book Fair.
- June 3rd. Participation in the literary conferences of Arenas de San Pedro (Ávila), coordinated by Federico Martín Nebras. Roundtable “Encuentros en la K” (Encounters in the K). Participants: Esther Rubio (Kókinos), Xosé Ballesteros (Kalandraka), and Vicente Ferrer (Media Vaca). Reading of Text “Siete razones para editar libros para niños” (“Seven Reasons to publish books for children”).
- October 20th. Media Vaca Presentation in the literary Conferences organized by CEFIRE of Sagunto.
- November 25th-December 3rd. Participation in the International Book Fair of Guadalajara, Mexico (FIL 2000). Book Exhibit in the stand of the Mexican Publishers, Petra Ediciones and Tecolote, due to the courtesy of these publishers.
- December. Los niños tontos (The foolish children).
- February. El arroyo (The stream).
- April. Crímenes ejemplares (Exemplary crimes).
- May 23rd. Media Vaca Presentation in Cálamo Bookshop of Zaragoza.
- May 24th-27th. Participation in the II Literary Encounters of Albarracín, organized by the Santa María Foundation of Albarracín and directed by Antón Castro. [ On 25th: “El oficio de soñar, la urgencia de escribir” (The task of dreaming, the urgency of writing”): Interview-discussion with Antonio Fernández Molina. With participation of Vicente Ferrer and Antón Castro. On 26th: Roundtable “Todo por un sueño. La pasión de editar” (“Everything for a dream. The passion of publishing”). Participants: Marisa Nuñez (Kalandraka), Isabel Martínez Gil (Imaginarium), Vicente Ferrer (Media Vaca), and Chusé Raúl Usón (Xordica); moderated by: Antonio Losantos].
- April 4th. Received the 1999 Award for the Best Published Book for Pelo de Zanahoria, and the 1999 and 2000 Awards for the Best Illustrations for the books, Narices, buhitos, volcanes and 100 greguerías ilustradas, in the Biblioteca Nacional (National Library) of Madrid.
- April 4th-8th. Stand in the Children’s Book Fair of Bologna.
- April 26th-May 6th. Stand in the Valencia Book Fair.
- April 28th. Presentation of the book, Crímenes ejemplares in the Fundación Max Aub of Segorbe, and the inauguration of the silkscreen exhibit in Casa Garcerán of the Fundación Bancaja Segorbe.
- April 30th. Presentation of the book, Crímenes ejemplares, in the Valencia Book Fair (Viveros Park), with participation of Teresa Álvarez Aub, Vicente Ferrer, and a women from the audience.
- May 6th. Ana María Matute signed copies of Los niños tontos in the Media Vaca Stand at the Valencia Book Fair.
- September 4th-October 4th. Exhibit of Crímenes ejemplares in Museo de la Estampa (Graphic Art Museum) (Mexico City, Mexico).
- September 5th. Roundtable about “el humor negro y el crimen en la obra de Max Aub” (“Black humour and crime in the works of Max Aub”), with Federico Álvarez, Miguel Ángel Echegaray, and Vicente Ferrer; moderated by Sara Bolaño. Museo de la Estampa, Mexico.
- October. Una temporada en Calcuta (A season in Calcutta).
- November. El señor Korbes (Mr Korbes) and El mundo al revés (The world turned upside down).
- October 20th-November 17th. Exhibit of Crímenes ejemplares in IAGO, Instituto de Artes Gráficas de Oaxaca (Graphic Arts Institute of Oaxaca) (Mexico).
- November 20th. Received the 2000 Award for the Best Valencian Book for Los niños tontos in the Beneficencia Cultural Centre.
- November 26th. Roundtable: “Literatura infantil i juvenil” (“Children’s Literature”) , in the “1er Saló Valencià del Llibre” (1st Valencia Book Fair). Participants: Rosa Serrano, Josep Antoni Fluixá, Vicente Ferrer, and Carles Cano; moderated by Gemma Lluch.
- November 30th-December 2nd. Media Vaca received the Culture Award in the IV Premios de La Cartelera (IV Awards Ceremony of “La Cartelera” Entertainment magazine). Club Diario Levante (Levante Newspaper Club), Valencia.
- January 10th–February 10th. Exhibit of Crímenes ejemplares in “El Obraje” Engraving Centre (Aguascalientes, Mexico).
- February 27th. Presentation of the book, El arroyo, in “Al Margen” Libertarian Cultural Centre of Valencia. Participants: Vicente Ferrer and Pilar Molina.
- March 21st. Lecture: “la 1/2 vaca” (The 1/2 cow) in Escola d’Art i Superior de Disseny (Advanced School of Art and Design) of Castellon. Publisher Presentation by Vicent Serra.
- March 21st–April 29th. Exhibit of Crímenes ejemplares in “La Parota” Graphic Arts Centre (Colima, Mexico).
- April 10th. Received the Bologna Ragazzi Award for the books, El señor Korbes y otros cuentos de Grimm and Una temporada en Calcuta in the inauguration ceremony of the Bologna Fair.
- April 10th-13th. Stand in the Bologna Children’s Book Fair.
- April 25th - May 5th. Stand in the Valencia Book Fair.
- April 26th. Presentation in Panta Rhei Bookshop of Media Vaca new titles: Una temporada en Calcuta, El señor Korbes and El mundo al revés, attended by authors and publishers.
- May 7th – June 3rd. Exhibit of Crímenes ejemplares in Ex-Convento del Carmen (Guadalajara, Mexico)..
- May 12th. Animation activity “Posa color als dibuixos del llibre El arroyo” (“Colour the drawing of the book, El arroyo”, organized by the Fundación Salvador Seguí. Fira alternativa (Alternative Fair) (Turia River Park, Valencia).
- June 9th. Signing by the authors, Javier Olivares and César Fernández Arias, in the Madrid Book Fair (Retiro Park).
- July 2nd-3rd. Encounters focused on design- “El libro como objeto de diseño” (“Books as an object of design”). Lecture: “Mis primeras 80.000 palabras”. Fundación Antonio Pérez, Cuenca.
- October 26th. Participation in the debate“A ilustração e a palavra: as novas imagens e as estratégias de edição” (Illustration and the word, new images and publishing strategies), organized by Bedeteca of Lisbon. Participants: Olivier Douzou (Editions du Rouergue), Vicente Ferrer (Media Vaca), Belén García Freijeiro (Kalandraka); moderated by: António Modesto.
- October. Mis primeras 80.000 palabras (My first 80,000 words) and Garra de la guerra (The clawn of war).
- November 20th. Received the 2001 Award for the Best Valencian Book for the book: El señor Korbes y otros cuentos de Grimm in the Beneficencia Cultural Centre, in the 2nd Valencia Book Fair.
- November 25th. Presentation of the new titles attended by numerous collaborators in the premises of the future Media Vaca Bookshop.
- November 30th –December 2nd. Participation in the Montreuil Book Fair. [ Day 1: encounter with the illustrators who presented their books; Day 2: debate about “el renacimiento de la ilustración española” (The Renaissance of Spanish Illustration), con Raúl, Alfonso Ruano, Arnal Ballester, and Vicente Ferrer; moderated by: Michel Lagarde, director of the Studio 002 publication; Day 2: debate about “la situación de la literatura juvenil española” (The situation of Spanish children’s literature), with Antonio Ventura, Isabelle Torrubia, Alfonso Ruano, and Vicente Ferrer; moderated by: Françoise Noiville, a Le Monde journalist].
- December13th. Presentation of the new titles attended by numerous collaborators in Panta Rhei Gallery & Bookshop in Madrid.
- December 18th. Presentation of Mis primeras 80,000 palabras attended by numerous collaborators in the Almazen space in Barcelona.
- December 23rd. Signing by the illustrators, Miguel Calatayud, Carlos Ortin, and Oliveiro Dumas in Casa del Llibre Bookshop of Valencia.
- January 3rd-5th. Participation of Vicente Ferrer in the Jury of the Bologna Illustrators Exhibition.
- February 7th-March 30th. Display of books in the Exhibit sponsored by the Regional Government of Zaragoza “Sin límites. Visiones del diseño actual” (“No boundaries. Visions of design today”), commissioned by Raquel Pelta. Palacio de Sástago, Zaragoza.
- April 2nd-5th. Participation in the Bologna International Children’s Book Fair in Associació d’Editors del País Valencià (Valencia Publisher’s Association) Stand.
- April 3rd. Encounter with the Graphic Arts Students in the Istituto Salesiano, in “Fieri di leggere” activities cycle of the Bologna Fair.
- April 24th-27th. Media Vaca Presentation by Ludek Janda and book exhibit in Prague Book Fair.
- April 30th-May 11th. Stand in the Valencia Book Fair.
- May 22nd-July 31st. “La vida secreta de los libros” (The secret life of books) Exhibit. Colegio Mayor Rector Peset, Valencia; with the support of Centre d'Assessorament i Dinamització dels Estudiants CADE, and La nau dels xiquets i les xiquetes, Universitat de València.
- May. Catalogue La vida secreta de los libros (The secret life of books).
- June 18th. Open Discussion: “Libros infantiles alternativos: ¿Para quién?” (Alternative Children’s books: For who?). Organized by the Reader Group of the Aragón Library. Biblioteca de Aragón. Participants: Ana Lartitegui, Sergio Lairla, Antonio Fernández Molina, José Luis Cano, Isidro Ferrer, Elisa Arguilé, among others.
- July 22nd-27th. Illustrators workshop in Itabahi Museum (Tokyo, Japan).
- July 27th. Conference and presentation of Media Vaca Books (presentation by Kiyoko Matsuoka and translation by Kiyoko Sakai). Itabashi Museum, Tokyo.
- October 31st. Media Vaca in La Mar de Letras Bookshop, Madrid. Chat by Vicente Ferrer about the books from his Publishing House, about Polish children’s books, about Japanese versions of Little Red Riding-Hood, the cut-out figures of Hans Christian Andersen and the translation of Lewis Carroll’s works into the “borogovio” language.
- November1st-30th. Crímenes ejemplares Exhibit in La Casa del Llibre Bookshop, Valencia.
- November 30th–December 7th. Participation in the Guadalajara International Book Fair, where Media Vaca was represented in stands: 2734 (Exlibris) and 2140 (Pujol & Amadó).
- December 20th. Garra de la guerra (edition for the Secretaría de Educación Pública, SEP (Secretary of Public Education), of Mexico, with a print-run of 14,837 copies, commissioned by Comisión Nacional de Libros de Texto Gratuitos [National Commission of Free Text Books])
- December 23rd. Reading Marathon in the Fundación Caja Castellón with the poems from Garra de la guerra by Gloria Fuertes, with the participation of 50 adult readers.
- December 29th. Aroma de galletas (edition for Secretaría de Educación Pública, SEP, of Mexico, with a print-run of 110,000 copies, commissioned by Comisión Nacional de Libros de Texto Gratuitos); 100 Greguerías ilustradas (65,000 copies); Crímenes ejemplares (65,000 copies)
- February 4th. Conference and Media Vaca Presentation in the Intellectual Property Master degree programme of the Carlos III University (Getafe, Madrid) organized by Santillana Formación, Grupo Prisa (Santillana Training, Prisa Group).
- April 1st. Media Vaca presentation in Programa de Presentació d’Empreses a la Universitat de Valencia (Company Presentation Programme for the University of Valencia). Organized by: Fundació Universitat-Empresa de Valéncia (ADEIT). Sala d'Actes de la Facultat de Psicologia de Valencia (Pyschology Faculty Auditorium of the University of Valencia).
- April. Les enfants idiots (French edition of Los niños tontos by the Sarbacane Publishing House, with translation by François Maspero and a print-run of 3,000 copies).
- 3rd of August. Libro de nanas. (Book of lullabies).
- 13th of August. Panamá o las aventuras de mis siete tíos. (Panamá or the Adventures of my seven uncles).
- 8th of September-10th of October. "Crimes exemplares" (Exemplary Crimes) exhibit in the Museo do Trabalho of Porto Alegre, Brazil.
- 13th of September. No hay tiempo para jugar (No time to play).
- 6th-10th of October. Participation in the Frankfurt Book Fair with our own space inside the stand of the Federación de Gremios de Editores (Publisher's Guild Federation).
- 2nd of November. Retratos furtivos (Furtive portraits).
- 25th of November-6th of March 2005. "A vida secreta dos libros (The Secret Life of Books) Exhibit: Media Vaca: 1998-2004" in the Luis Seoane Foundation of A Coruña.
- 25th of November. Presentation of Retratos furtivos (Furtive Portraits) in the Luis Seoane Foundation. The exhibit dedicated to Media Vaca coincided with another in homage to the Publishing House, Ruedo Ibérico.
- January. Edition for SEP of Narices, buhitos, volcanes (Noses, Little Owls, Volcanoes) (115,000 copies).
- 11th of February. Awards ceremony of the Cálamo Extraordinary Award for the book, No hay tiempo para jugar (No time to play), by Sandra Arenal and Mariana Chiesa. Location: Restaurante Garden. Contest by: Cálamo Bookshop of Zaragoza. Cultural dinner, to describe it in some way, attended by the Publishers and the Illustrator. The other Award winners in the 4th edition of the Cálamo Awards were Javier Reverte (El río de la desolación, Random House) and Peter Stamm (Paisaje aproximado, El Acantilado).
- 16th of March. Presentation of the book, Panamá o las aventuras de mis siete tíos in Málaga, within the conference cycle "Todo está en los libros" (Everything is in books). Location: Meeting Room of the Municipal Museum. Organised by the Instituto Municipal del Libro (Municipal Institute of Books). Participation: Alberto Torés (translator), Vicente Ferrer (editor), Francisco Cumpián (reader), and Ferran Fernández (audiovisual projection).
- 4th of April. Mis primeras 80.000 palabras (My first 80,000 words) (2nd Edition).
- 13th-16th of April. Participation in the Bologna Book Fair with the Associació d'Editors del País Valencià (Publisher's Association of Valencia). Individual module attended by Isabelle Torrubia and Cecilia Mari.
- 14th of April -15th of May. Exhibit of the original artwork by Fabio Zimbres in the book, Panamá o las aventuras de mis siete tíos in Sala Espacio Historieta of the Recoleta Cultural Centre of Buenos Aires. Inauguration on 14th of April, with interventions by Pablo Sapia (Head of the Exhibition Room), Fabio Zimbres, and Vicente Ferrer, and attended by numerous illustrator friends, in spite of the rainy and vaguely Parisian day.
- 28th of April -8th of May. Book Fair of Valencia. Viveros City Park. Participation with an individual module inside the tent of the Associació d'Editors del País Valencià (Publisher's Association of Valencia).
- May. Korean Language Edition of El señor Korbes y otros cuentos de Grimm (Mr. Korbes and other Grimm Fairytales) by Happy Comic Works Co. (Yolimwon Publishing Co.).
- 20th-22nd of May. 2nd Aragon Workdays of Libraries and Promotion of Reading and Writing in Ballobar (Huesca). Day 20th: Presentation by the publishers, Media Vaca (Vicente Ferrer) and Ekaré (María Cecilia Silva-Díaz), and the Bookshop Network Project, Club Kirico (Michéle Chevallier).
- 19th of May-5th of June. 6th Salão Lisbon. Exhibit of "As minhas primeiras 80 mil palavras: dicionário ilustrado" (My first 80,000 words: illustrated dictionary). Location: Estufa Fria. Organiser: Municipal Chamber of Lisbon / Bedeteca of Lisbon.
- 25th of May-5th of June. 25th Book Fair of Lisbon. 9th of May: Lecture and Presentation of the Publisher by Vicente Ferrer ("Media Vaca: O livro ilustrado" [Media Vaca: The illustrated book]) within the Fair's programme. Organiser: Municipal Chamber of Lisbon.
- 5th-20th of July. Book Fair of Tokyo. Participation with an individual module in the Information Pavilion of ICEX, Instituto Español de Comercio Exterior (Spanish Foreign Trade Institute).
- 26th-29th of July. Ilustrarte 2005, 2nd International Biennial of Illustrations for Children in Barreiro, Portugal. Participation of Vicente Ferrer in the jury in charge of performing the selection of the illustrators, jointly with Frédérique Bertrand, Carll Cneut, Kveta Pacovská, and José de Guimarães.
- 30th of August. Cuentos de la estrella legumbre (Tales of the Legume Star).
- August-September. Exhibit of the illustrations from the book, Mis primeras 80.000 palabras (My first 80,000 words) in the Internationale Jugendbibliothek of Munich. German translation of the texts by Jochen Weber.
- 12th-13th of October. Exhibit of the drawing by Eloar Guazzelli for El arroyo (The stream) during the Conference, "Élisée Reclus, natura ed educazione" celebrated in the Istituto di Geografia of the University of Milan-Bicocca.
- 19th-22nd of October. Book Fair of Frankfurt. Own Space in Hall 4.1 stand L-145.
- 26th of October. Visit to Hochschule für Grafik und Buchkunst of Leipzig by personal invitation of Professor Thomas Matthaeus Müller and students from this Centre. Donation of Media Vaca books to the Library.
- 17th-19th of November. Primer Salón del Libro Ilustrado (First Illustrated Book Fair) Cuidad de Alicante. Day 17th: Round table "Nuevos editores, nuevos proyectos"(New publishers, new projects). With participation of Vicente Vilana (ed. Diálogo), Belén Sáez (Kalandraka), and Vicente Ferrer. Moderated by Ramón Llorens (University of Alicante).
- 22nd of November-7th of December. Exhibit of original engravings by Mariana Chiesa for the book, No hay tiempo para jugar (No time to play) in the Sins Entido Space (Madrid). Inauguration with interventions by the illustrator and the publishers.
- 29th of November. Presentation of the new works of Media Vaca: Cuentos de la estrella legumbre (Tales of the Legume Star) and Taller de pintura y construcciones (Painting and Construction). Interventions by the Publisher and the Authors, Javier Olivares and César Fernández Arias, whose book was in the printer's at that time.
- 13th of December. Presentation of the book, Panamá o las aventuras de mis siete tíos in the Instituto Francés (French Institute) of Valencia. Participation: Pierre Berthier (director of Institut Français) and Vicente Ferrer. Francisco Cumpián reads a poem by Cendrars with audiovisual images prepared by Ferran Fernández.
- December. Editions for SEP of Los niños tontos (Foolish children) (23,646 copies) and Libro de nanas (Book of Lullabies (86,942 copies).
- 15th of December. Taller de pintura y construcciones (Painting and Construction) / El mundo es como yo quiero (The world is how I want it to be).
- 17th-20th of February. Festival Minimondi, Parma. Organised by Associazione Minimondi and the Fiaccadori Bookshop. Day 18th: Round table ("Cavoli e cicogne: dove nascono i libri per bambini?") with the participation of Jacques Dohmen (Querido), Friedbert Stohner (Hanser Verlag), Herwig Bitsche (NP Verlag), Tereza Horvath (Baobab), and Vicente Ferrer. Coordinated by: Florence Noiville (Le Monde) and Grazia Gotti (Accademia Drosselmeier).
- 16th of March. Discussion by César Fernández Arias and Vicente Ferrer to primary school teachers in El Escorial, within the Abrapalabra course. Invitation by: Dirección General de Ordenación Académica (Directorate General of Academic Ordinance) of CAM. Organiser: CAP San Lorenzo of El Escorial /DAT Madrid-Oeste. Coordinator: Manuela Pérez del Palacio (Children's Education Consultant of CAP).
- 26th of March -6th of April. Bologna Book Fair. Individual module inside the stand H29 B1 of the Associació d'Editors del País Valencià (Publisher's Association of Valencia).
- 26th of March. Zaragoza.
- 8th of April. Tokio.
- 22nd of April -7th of May. Exhibit of Media Vaca books and the illustrations of the dictionary, Mis primeras 80.000 palabras (My first 80,000 words) in the Book Fair of Bogotá. Organised by the Cámara Colombiana del Libro (Columbian Chamber of Books) and the Visual Arts Department of the University, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana.
- 25th of May-2nd of June. Mexico. Centro Cultural de España (Cultural Centre of Spain) in Mexico. Workdays about "El libro infantil: creación, diseño y edición" (The Children's Book: creation, design, and publishing). Friday 26th: Round table "Arquitectos de papel: editores profesionales" (Architects of paper: professional publishers). With the participation of Daniel Goldin, Antonio Ventura, Peggy Espinosa, Vicente Ferrer, Patricia van Rhijn, and Carola Diez.
- 24th of May. En Cejunta y Gamud (In Cejunta and Gamud).
- 15th of June. Érase 21 veces Caperucita Roja (Once upon… 21 times, Little Red Riding Hood).
- 7th-10th of July. Book Fair of Tokyo. Participation with an individual module in the Information Pavillion of ICEX, Instituto Español de Comerio Exterior (Spanish Foreign Trade Institute). Stand 8-2.
- 9th of July. Presentation of the book, Érase 21 veces Caperucita Roja in the Itabashi Museum of Tokyo, within the activities that accompanied the Bologna Children's Book Fair. With the presence and intervention by practically all the collaborators of the book.
- 15th of August. Un perro en el grabado de Durero titulado "El caballero, la muerte y el diablo" (A dog in Durer's etching "The Knight, Death, and the Devil").
- 11th of September. Libro de las preguntas (The book of questions).
- 12th of September. Exhibit of the drawings by Alejandro Magallanes for the book En Cejunta y Gamud (In Cejunta and Gamud) in the Kong bookshop-art gallery in Mexico City. Presentation by Carola Diez. Live Painting and the illustrator signed copies of the book.
- 2nd-11th of October. Book Fair of Frankfurt. Own Space in Hall 4.1 stand L-141.
- 6th of October. II Jornadas Universitarias de Literatura Infantil y Juvenil (2nd University Workdays of Children's and Young Adult's Literature) in Huesca, dedicated to "Literatura y compromiso" (Literature and Commitment) and coordinated by Rosa Tabernero. Interventions by Isidro Ferrer and José Luis Cano in the closing speech. The Lecture by Vicente Ferrer was read by Mariona Martínez Dorado.
- 2nd of November. Presentation of the book Zaragoza in the patio of the Pablo Gargallo Museum. Previously, guided by the author, there was a walking tour around several locations of the city which are mentioned in the work. With interventions by Rosa Borraz, Paco Goyanes, Vicente Ferrer, Antón Castro, and José Luis Cano. Gourmet meal with wines from Bodegas Guelbenzu and ternasco lamb from Pastores Grupo Cooperativo.
- 2nd of December. Presentation of the novelties from the Publisher in Llibreria Associativa Sahiri by Begoña Lobo and Vicente Ferrer. Interventions by Ajubel and El Persa, who happened to stop by, and the attendance of numerous friends.
- 20th of December. Presentation of the book Libro de las preguntas (The Book of Questions) in the Tea Room of Teatro Principal of Zaragoza. Attended by the authors and intervention by Paco Goyanes, Cálamo Bookshop, and Rafael Campos, director of Teatro Principal. Each of the participants received a question from Pablo Neruda as a gift, as well as the poetic wine from Bodegas Guelbenzu and the illustrated ternasco lamb from the Pastores Grupo Cooperativo.
- January 17th-20th. Segundo Salón del Libro Ilustrado Ciudad de Alicante (Second Illustrated Book Fair, City of Alicante). Publisher House's participation with its own stand in the space allocated to book exhibits.
- February 16th. Cálamo Award Ceremony for the Best Book of 2006 to Libro de las preguntas by Isidro Ferrer and Pablo Neruda. Location: Garden Restaurant. Convened by: Cálamo Bookshop in Zaragoza. The other award winners in this 4th Edition of the Cálamo Awards were the philosopher, Michel Onfray and the writer, Manuel Rivas.
- March 28th. Conferences by José Luis Cano and Vicente Ferrer, titled «Valencia-Zaragoza, vía Tokio» and «Zaragoza-Valencia, 6 horas», in the Workdays on the Design Practice of «apuestaposible.esDA», organized by the Advanced Design School of Aragón and celebrated between the date of March 27th and 30th in Zaragoza and Teruel. The Graphic Design professor, Anacristina Mestre, put up with both characters.
- April 26th-28th Exhibit of the book: Mis primeras 80.000 palabras in Ballobar (Huesca), during the III Jornadas Aragonesas de Biblioteca (3rd Aragon Library Workdays).
- Award Ceremony of the FAD medal to the Media Vaca Publishing House and other «pequeñas editoriales» ("small publishing houses"): Cafè Central, Mudito & Co. and Minúscula. All the publishers attended the event. Other award winners in this year's edition were the Polònia programme by TV3, the Serveis Funeraris (Funeral Services) of Barcelona, Teresa Cadena, Servei Estació, the Catalonia Library and the team of architects, Fantastic Norway.
- April 24th-27th Participation in the Bologna Book Fair in the collective stand of the Associació d'Editors del País Valencià (AEPV) (Hall 29 stand B1). They represented Media Vaca, Isabelle Torrubia, María José Gil and Gabriele Ba.
- July. Seis barbas de besugo (Six beards of sea breams).
- October. El Persa, ese desconocido (The unknown El Persa).
- October 10th-14th. Book Fair of Frankfurt. Participation in the collective stand of AEPV (Hall 5.1 stand E-923). They represented Media Vaca and Isabelle Torrubia.
- November 20th. Awards Ceremony of the Premi al Millor Llibre Valencià (2006 Best Valencian Book Award), granted by the Valencian Regional Government to the work: Libro de las preguntas (Book of Questions). Location: San Miguel de los Reyes. The Publishers' nephew, Pablo Moreno Ferrer (aged 3), accepted the certified diploma.
- November 22nd-24th. November 23rd: Round Table "El compromiso literario con la infancia" ("The literary commitment to childhood"), with the participation of the Publishing Houses: Ekaré and Media Vaca, in the V Jornadas de Animación (5th Animation Workdays) for reading organized by FETE-UGT of Asturias «Animando a animar: el fomento del hábito lector» (Encouraging to encourage: promotion of the reader habit"). The Workdays took place in the Centro Municipal Integrado (Integrated Municipal Centre) of Gijón.
- December 20th Presentation of El Persa, ese desconocido in the Cultural Hall of CAM «La Llotgeta», with the participation by the author, this unknown; Vicente Botella, in representation of the CAM; and Vicente Ferrer, in representation of Media Vaca. Large, very interested audience, environment with Christmas cheer and children's joy.
- January 28th. Appearance of El Persa in the Encontres programme of Punt 2 (Valencian Television Channel). The show's announcer, a type of Sombrerero Loco (Mad Hatter), interviewed the author of El Persa, ese desconocido and Mascarilla Masticadora Bowerbräu (Bowerbräu Chewing Mask).
- February. Robinson Crusoe.
- March 31st -April 3rd. Participation in the Bologna Book Fair in the collective stand of the Associació d'Editors del País Valencià (Hall 29 stand B1). They represented Media Vaca, Isabelle Torrubia, María José Gil and Gabriele Ba.
- April-May. Exhibit of the book: Mis primeras 80.000 palabras in the Secondary Education School: IES Ramón Berenguer IV of Amposta, which included a sample of the students' won favourite words; within the activities of the «Paraules dibuixades» ("Sketched Words" project, coordinated by María Gallego.
- April 23rd. Participation in the events of the «Setmana per la Llengua» ("Language Week") organized by the Universitat Politècnica de València (Polytechnical University of Valencia). In the Agora space, stand with exhibit and sale of books as well as presentations of new titles: El Persa, ese desconocido (11:00 h) and Robinson Crusoe (17:00 h). Inside a small canopy with a few chairs, the authors of both books attended along with the friends of the authors and the friends of the publishers; everything worked perfectly and the two authors became friends.
- April 30th. Lecture by Vicente Ferrer titled «21 caperucitas japonesas» ("21 Japanese Red Riding Hoods"), in the V Jornadas de Literatura Comparada (5th Comparative Literature Workdays) of the Universitat de València (University of Valencia) «El cuento de nunca acabar...» ("The never-ending story..."), celebrated on the dates of April 30th and May 5th, 7th and 12th in the Saló de Graus (University Hall) of the Faculty of Philology, Translation and Communication of the University of Valencia. Entry free of charge.
- May. Exhibit of the book: Mis primeras 80.000 palabras in the Municipal Libraries Network of Fraga (Huesca), coordinated by Ana Barrafón.
- May 9th-18th. Exhibit of the illustrations from the book: Robinson Crusoe by Ajubel in the Baluarte de la Candelaria (Candelaria Bastion) during the Book Fair of Cádiz. May 10th: Presentation of the book by its author, accompanied by Juan José Sánchez Sandoval, from the University of Cádiz; greetings to friends and signing of book copies.
- May 15th-19th. Participation in the International Children's Book Fair: «Leer León» ("León Reads"). Bookseller's stand in the Trade Fair premises during the Book Fair dates. We highlight: a lady visited every day to tell us stories in verse in exchange for books; a work inspector asked us to show him the documentation required to carry out the sales (scene from David Mamet). May 16th: Round table about «La edición infantil en Europa» , ("Children's book publishing in Europe"), with the participation of Mafalda Milhoes from the O Bichinho de Conto Bookshop of Portugal (who did not arrive for some reason), Carina Solari from La Joie de lire Bookshop, Switzerland (who also failed to arrive), Tereza and Juraj Horvath of Baobab Books of the Czech Republic (who did arrive) and Vicente Ferrer and Begoña Lobo (who were also there). The event planned in the Salón de Actos (Assembly Room) of Castilla y León Regional Government (Regional Government Building) was finally celebrated in the cafeteria of the Hostal San Marcos, by joining two tables.
- May 16th. Exhibit of the original artworks created by Isidro Ferrer for the book: Libro de las preguntas in the Faculty of Fine Arts of Valencia.
- May 20th-25th. Participation in the Jornadas Cliblik sobre edición independiente (Cliblik Workdays about Independent Publishing). May 20th: Presentation of the books by Media Vaca presented by Vicente Ferrer and Begoña Lobo; May 23rd: Round Table: «La nueva edición infantil: el auge de la ilustración. El libro ilustrado como producto cultural y artístico. ¿Sólo para niños?» (“New Children’s Publishing: the rise of illustration. The illustrated book as a cultural and artistic product. Just for children?”) Interventions by: José Díaz (Thule), Pablo Larragibel (Ekaré), Fernando Diego García (Libros del zorro rojo) and the illustrators, Pablo Amargo and Dani Maiz; moderated by: Natividad de la Puerta (A Fortiori Publishing House). Organized by: Cliblik, Independent Bookshops Association of Bilbao. Carpa del Arenal, Bilbao.
- August. Agujeros de la nariz (Holes of the nose); Plantas de los pies (Soles of the feet); Tetas (Breasts); Dientes (Teeth); Costras (Scabs); Ombligo (Belly button).
- September 8th-October 19th. Exhibit of the original artworks created by Isidro Ferrer for the book: Libro de las preguntas published by Media Vaca in the Espacio para Art (Art Space) of the Savings and Loan Association: Caja Madrid in Zaragoza. Travelling exhibit.
- November. El paseo de Buster Keaton (Buster Keaton takes a walk).
- October 15th-19th. Book Fair of Frankfurt. Participation in the collective stand of AEPV (Hall 5.1 stand E-923). They represented Media Vaca and Isabelle Torrubia.
- November 13th. Presentation of the book: Robinson Crusoe with an exhibit of large format illustrations in the Pepe Herrera Taller Gráfico (Pepe Herrera Graphic Workshop) of Madrid.
- November 20th. Awards Ceremony for the Premi al Llibre en Castellá Millor Il-lustrat de 2007-2008, (2007-2008 Best Valencian Book Award), granted by the Valencian Regional Government to the book without words: Robinson Crusoe. Location: San Miguel de los Reyes. The author and the publishers were absent and this time, they were not able to convince any of their nephews or nieces to receive the diploma.
- December 13th Presentation of Crimes exemplares, Portuguese edition of Crímenes ejemplares (Exemplary Crimes), published by the Publishing House, Antígona, in FNAC Chiado of Lisbon. Interventions by Carla da Silva Pereira (Antígona) and Vicente Ferrer (Media Vaca).
- December 15th-16th. XVIII Encontro de literatura para crianças «Palavras de trapos: as línguas que os livros falam» curated by Rita Taborda Duarte. May 16th: Lectures assembled under the title «Palavras pintadas» ("Painted Words"), with moderation by João Miguel Tavares and the participation of João Paulo Cotrim (comunicaçao de enquadramento), António Torrado, Luís Henriques and Vicente Ferrer.
- May. Libres e iguales (Free and Equal).
- March 16th. 12:15: Three-hour Workshop to the students of the Secondary Education School: IES Ramón Berenguer of Amposta, in the Aula de Dibuix 2 (Drawing 2 Hall), about the Publishing House's books. Vicente Ferrer discussed the illustration works with the 1st and 2nd year students of the Arts Bachelor's Degree based on stories by Pepín Bello, Enrique Anderson Imbert and Eduardo Galeano; 18:00: A talk by Vicente Ferrer to the librarians in the Public Library: Biblioteca Pública Marcel.lí Domingo de Tortosa.
- March 23rd-26th. Participation in the Bologna Book Fair with our own stand for the first time (Hall 29 stand C25). The Publishers of Media Vaca attended jointly with their representatives, Isabelle Torrubia and María José Gil.
- March 23rd. 10:00: Round Table about the book: Robinson Crusoe, the 2009 winner, with the participation of the author, Ajubel, the publisher, Begoña Lobo and Antonio Faeti, president of the Jury, moderated by Marcella Terrusi, University of Bologna, in the Café Illustratori; 20:00: Awards Ceremony of the Bologna Ragazzi Award 2009 in the category of "Fiction" to the book: Robinson Crusoe in the Borsa Hall Library of Bologna, with the presence of the author and publishers.
- June 9th. Presentation of the book: Robinson Crusoe in the Sala de la Muralla (City-Wall Hall) of the School: Colegio Mayor Rector Peset of Valencia. With the presence of the book's illustrator and author, Ajubel and writer and author of the commentary in the book, Leonardo Padura Fuentes and the publishers of Media Vaca.
- June 16th. Presentation of the book: Libres e iguales in the Salón de Grados (University Hall) of the Faculty of History of University of Valencia. The two Co-Publishers intervened: Felipe Perales (CAR Mislata) and Vicente Ferrer (Media Vaca).
- August. Cómo hacerse rico (How to get rich) and Valencia.
- September. Madame Leonarda.
- October 3rd-9th. Participation of the books by Media Vaca in the II Jornadas Cliblik sobre edición independiente (“2nd Cliblik Workdays about Independent Publishing"). Carpa del Arenal, Bilbao.
- October 14th-19th. Book Fair of Frankfurt. Our own space in Hall 4.1 stand L-552.
- October 30th. Presentation of the book: Valencia in the MuVIM of Valencia, with the participation of the authors, Bartolomé Ferrando and Rafael de Luis and the publisher, Vicente Ferrer. Scarce institutional representation of any type, which assuredly encouraged the participation of the attending audience, after a highly applauded screening and public reading of the book.
- November 2nd-7th. Participation of the Publishing House's books in the International Book Fair "Como Pedro por mi casa" ("Like Pedro in my house"), organized by Julia Pelletier in La Central Bookshop of Raval.
- November 23rd-December 23. Exhibit of three titles by Media Vaca in the exhibit of the 2nd CJ Picture Book Awards: Seis barbas de besugo and El paseo de Buster Keaton (honourable mention) and Robinson Crusoe (award).
- December 14th. Presentation of the book by Artur Heras: Madame Leonarda in the Salón de Actos (Assembly Hall) of the School: Colegio Mayor Rector Peset of Valencia. With interventions by the author and the journalist, Manolo S. Jardí, the illustrator, Miguel Calatayud and the publisher, Vicente Ferrer.
- December 18th. Presentation of the book by Artur Heras: Madame Leonarda in the Salón de Actos (Assembly Hall) of the Casa de la Cultura (Culture Centre) of Xàtiva. On this occasion, the author was accompanied at the table by the President of the Associació d'Amics de La Costera (Friends of the Coast Association) Ximo Corts, the author, Antoni Martínez i Revert, and the publisher, Vicente Ferrer.
- December 23rd-January 22. Participation of the Publishing House's books in the exhibit: "Pequeños editores, grandes libros" ("Small publishers, great books"), organized by FAD and initially celebrated in its Central Office although it has an itinerary vocation.
- February . Del uno al ciento (From one to a hundred).
- February 4th-April 23rd. Exhibit by Javier Olivares in the Biblioteca Histórica (History Library): "Marqués de Valdecilla" of the Complutense University of Madrid, with the title "Javier Olivares / 10 libros ilustrados" ("Javier Olivares / 10 illustrated books"). The exhibit displayed original artworks and drawings for two books published by Media Vaca: Los niños tontos (The Foolish Children) and Cuentos de la estrella legumbre (Stories of the Legume Star).
- February 26th. Reading aloud in public, by children from age 0 to age 99, from two books by Media Vaca: Aroma de galletas (Aroma of Cookies) and Mis primeras 80.000 palabras (My first 80,000 words). In the bookshop, El Pa-So in Santa Cruz, Tenerife and organized by the team: Equipo PARA. In the end, the children only read texts from Aroma de galletas, since the event was interrupted by an «expansive cyclogenesis» warning by the authorities.
- March. Viva mi pueblo (Long live my town).
- March 6th -April 15th. Participation of Vicente Ferrer as a professor in the post-graduate course: "Lectura, libros y lectores infantiles y juveniles" ("Reading, books, children and adolescent readers"), supervised by Rosa Tabernero and organized by the University of Zaragoza.
- March 16th. Ceremony of the Visual Book Design Award for the Professional Career of the Media Vaca Publishing House. Location: Sabatini Auditorium of the Reina Sofia National Art Museum of Madrid. In this same edition, the designer, Roberto Turégano received the Professional Career Award. The event concluded with «Libros y copas» (“Books and Cocktails”), the usual cocktail in the Visual offices, developers and organizers of this competition, the only one exclusively devoted to recognizing the work carried out by the graphic designers in the publishing sector.
- April 22nd-June 25th. Exhibit by Artur Heras in the School: Escola Gençana de Godella, Valencia, with the title: «En un principio era la gallina o/y Madame Leonarda» ("In the beginning, there was the chicken and/or Madame Leonarda"), in which he displayed the drawings which comprise the book: Madame Leonarda, published by Media Vaca. In the presentation ceremony, which was attended by perfectly well-behaved boys and girls, Artur Heras, Miguel Calatayud and Vicente Ferrer participated.
- April 29th-May 27th. Rafael de Luis exhibits the photographs which form part of the book: Valencia in the Fotoespai Gallery of Gandía. Presentation with interventions by the artist and the publisher.
- May 18th. Participation by Vicente Ferrer and Begoña Lobo (Media Vaca) in the Publishers meeting organized by the Gremio de Libreros (Booksellers Association) of Madrid, together with representatives from three other Publishing Houses: Arianna Squilloni (A Buen Paso), Ana Cristina Herreros (Siruela) and Raquel López Royo (Los cuatro azules). Location: Sala de Juntas (Meeting Room) of the Círculo de Bellas Artes (Fine Arts Circle) of Madrid. Exquisite books and exquisite canapés travelled around the table.
- July. Alfabeto sobre la literatura infantil (2nd edition).
- October 29th-November 2nd. 11ª Bienal Internacional del Cartel (11th International Poster Biennial) in Mexico. Participation of the Media Vaca publishers in the activities performed in the city of Puebla. From October 30th to November 1st: workshop by Vicente Ferrer about votive offerings and fairy tales. October 31st: Conference in the University Cultural Complex Auditorium.
- February 24th, 25th and 26th. 1er Encuentro de librerías y editoriales independientes iberoamericanas Otra mirada (1st Meeting of Independent Latin American Bookshops and Publishing Houses, “Another Gaze”) organized by the Cálamo bookshop. The workdays are celebrated in the Paraninfo Building of the University of Zaragoza (Plaza Basilio Paraíso, 4). Friday, February 25th: at 12:30, round table with the title: «Proyectos de vida. Jóvenes y veteranas editoriales independientes» (“Life Projects. Independent young and veteran publishing houses”). Moderated by Samuel Alonso Omeñaca of 451 Editores. Participation by: Valeria Bergalli (Minúscula), Enrique Murillo (Libros del Lince), Chusé Raúl Usón (Xordica), Fernando García (Libros del Zorro Rojo), Juan Cerezo (Tusquets), Vicente Ferrer (Media Vaca) and David Villanueva (Demipage) who, since he was unable to attend, decided to make a telephone call at the time of his intervention.
- March 12th. Presentation of the book: Benvinguts al Cabanyal (Welcome to Cabanyal) in the Fira del Llibre de València (Jardín de Viveros) [Valencia Book Fair (Viveros Park)], in the activities organized by the bookshops, Odisseu Llibres and Slaughterhouse. Although the book is still not finished (a scale model was presented), the event had great attendance. The publishers explained the project, Martín López talked about the work by the illustrators and Rosa Barber read several texts from the book.
- May 8th, 2011. Award ceremony to Media Vaca of the Premio a la Labor Editorial 2011 (2011 Award for Publishing Labour) granted by the Feria del Libro, la Lectura y las Industrias Culturales (FLLIC) [Book Fair, Reading and Cultural Industries] of Castilla-La Mancha. The other award winners were Luis García Montero (2011 Literary Creation Award) and the "Página 2" programme of RTVE-La 2 (Spanish Television Channel 2) (2011 Reading Promotion Award). The ceremony took place in the «La Hípica» Trade Fair Centre of Cuenca. Begoña Lobo accepted the award on behalf of the Publishing House. The award winners publicly thanked the recognition and received a creation from the Cuenca artist, Rubén Navarro.
- May 20th-25th. Participation by Media Vaca in the Youth in Action programme and in the activities performed in Sarrant (town near Toulouse) organized by Fla-Kultur Association. Other participants were Wolfgang Moser (Lesezentrum Steiermark, Austria), Veronika Drexel (aha, Austria), Marie-Eve Marechal (Centre Culturel of Marchin, Belgium), Nicolas Fanuel (Bibliothèque Publique de Marchin, Belgique) and Catherine Mitjana and Didier Bardy (Librairie Tartinerie Des Livres et Vous).
- June 11th. Tribute to Antonio Fernández Molina in the Antígona Bookshop of Zaragoza, coinciding with the bookshop's 23rd anniversary. In the bookshop's backroom, as full of books and friends as the ship's berth of the Marx brothers, there was a presentation of the books: Viva mi pueblo by Media Vaca and Baila la araña en su tela by Libros del Innombrable. This event enjoyed interventions by the bookshop owner, Julia, the publisher of Libros del Innombrable, Raúl Herrero, the author, Isabel F. Echeverría and the publishers of Media Vaca.
- June 16th. At 19:00, conference on publishing (or even better, confidence) by Vicente Ferrer in TENDERETE II, «el mercadillo de autoedición gráfica y sonora por excelencia» (STALL II, “the market of graphic and sound self-publishing par excellence”), which took place on June 16th, 17th and 18th in L'Escola del Cabanyal (c/ Progreso, 159. Valencia), the popular and historical school of the professor, mestre Visantico.
- July. Benvinguts al Cabanyal (Welcome to Cabanyal) and Seis niños en Marte (Six children on Mars.
- August. Milano.
- September 23rd-October 9th. Exhibit of the book: Benvinguts al Cabanyal in 13+1 houses of the neighbourhood in the XIII edición de Cabanyal Portes Obertes (13th edition of Cabayanal Open Doors). Production and coordination: Plataforma Salvem el Cabanyal (Save Cabanyal Platform) and Media Vaca; reproduction of images by Estudio Paco Mora; Poster design: Dani Sanchis [photography by Santiago Martí, AFC]; Quadriptych image: Mik Baro.
- October 13th-16th. Participation of Media Vaca in the 1er Festival de Publicaciones Artísticas (1st Festival of Artistic Publications) / Liburu Ederren Festibala organized by Belleza Infinita. The workshops and lectures took place in the Sala Rekalde of Bilbao. Participation by Elisa Pellacani, Óscar Martínez, Francesc Ruiz, Dada Company, Media Vaca, Antonio Gómez, Glòria Picazo (Centre d'Art La Panera), Mundanal Rüido and Horacio Fernández. The discussion by Media Vaca had the title: «¿Por qué no se hacen los niños sus propios libros?» (“Why don’t children make their own books?”). The two publishers intervened before an educated and courteous audience in which there was only one boy –Simón, aged six–, who wants to be a biochemist when he grows up.
- November 4th-30th. Exhibit of the book: Benvinguts al Cabanyal in the Sala Color Elefante of the Russafa Neighbourhood. It actively collaborates with the Plataforma Salvem el Cabanyal (Save Cabanyal Platform). Inauguration and closing ceremony with music and beverages. In addition to the book images and texts, the audience was able to enjoy the votive offering performed by Dani Sanchis for the poster of the Portes Obertes (Open Doors) Exhibit, which was knocked down before the exhibit concluded by a French lady who entered the Hall with a bicycle.
- November 10th. 19:30. Presentation of the book: Benvinguts al Cabanyal in the Sala de la Muralla (City-Wall Hall) of the School: Colegio Mayor Rector Peset of Valencia. Together with the publishers, there were interventions by Antonio Sanchis Pallarés, Marià Ferrer, Angelita Danza, Martín López Lam, Sergi Tarín and Neus Berenguer. Among the enthusiastic crowd, there was Rampova Cabaret, who gave the audience an amusing gift of his memories of Pepica la Pilona.
- November 18th. Party with friends in the bookshop-café, Slaughterhouse. Meeting with collaborators and readers of the book: Benvinguts al Cabanyal and creation of a collective votive offering. The official reason for this meeting was to say farewell to Po Poy, who was going to go to Granada (but in the end, she didn't go).
- November 21st, 22nd and 23rd. Workshop seminar: «El Libro Infantil Ilustrado en Colombia» (“The Illustrated Children’s Book in Columbia”). Tuesday, November 22nd, at 9:00: presentation of the Media Vaca books by their publishers. The conferences and round tables took place in the Auditorio de la Casa del Encuentro (Meeting House Auditorium) of Medellín. The participants were, among others: Silvia Castrillón, Rafael Yockteng, Jairo Buitrago, María Osorio, Diana Castellanos, Daniel Gómez Henao, Juan Carlos Restrepo and Julián David Correa. Organized by the Ministry of Culture of Colombia. Collaboration by: Publishing house, Tragaluz Editores, Taller 7, the Museo de Antioquía (Museum of Antioch) and Cámara Colombiana del Libro (Colombian Book Chamber).
- November 24th. Discussion by Vicente Ferrer and Begoña Lobo with the design and illustration students of Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Xavieran Pontifical University) of Bogotá. Student Protests day. Our thanks to Diana Castellanos and Carolina Calle for their arrangements, and to Rafael Yockteng and Jairo Buitrago for the strolls around Bogotá.
- December 28th. 18:00: Workshop by Media Vaca addressed to super-obedient boys and girls in the Biblioteca Pública de Valencia [Valencia Public Library] (calle Hospital s/n) in the activities of the «Programació Especial Nadal 2011» “(2011 Special Christmas Programme”). A drawing for books was held, where everyone won something.
- January 26th. Invitation to the publishers of Media Vaca to attend a discussion group which regularly takes place in a restaurant of Picanya; to talk about the book: Benvinguts al Cabanyal and the publisher house's work in general. The invitation was from Clara and Alfred Ramos and over twenty curious neighbours from Picanya participated in this friendly meeting.
- February. El alma se serena (Soothing the soul).
- March 7th. Presentation of the book: El alma se serena in the Sala de la Muralla (City-Wall Hall) of the School: Colegio Mayor Rector Peset of Valencia, in the dramatized reading series called «Hongaresa propone» ("Hongaresa proposes"). In addition to the publishers, the table participants were, the author, Paco Zarzoso and the actress, Lola López from the Theatre Company: Companya Hongaresa de Teatre, the illustrator, Marta Pina, the journalist, Sergi Tarín and the playwright, Josep Lluís Sirera.
- March 13th, 14th and 15th. Participation by Media Vaca in the 2as Jornadas de Diseño (2nd Design Workdays) organized by the «Toledo» Art School with the title: «Los caballitos tienen las alas de colores» (“Little horses have wings of colours”). March 14th: discussion and conversation by Vicente Ferrer with the illustrator and writer, José Luis Cano.
- March 23rd. Conference-Workshop by Vicente Ferrer in the Post-Graduate Course of the University of Zaragoza: «Lectura, libros y lectores infantiles y juveniles» (“Reading, books, children and teenage readers”), directed by Rosa Tabernero and Virginia Calvo.
- March 27th-28th. Discussions by Vicente Ferrer in the course: «La ilustración infantil: ¿Arte sólo para niños?» (“Children’s illustration: Art just for children?”) organized by the Juan March Foundation Museum of Palma de Mallorca. March 27th: «Aventuras del libro ilustrado (1959-2000)» ("Adventures of the illustrated book (1959-2000)") March 28th: «Actualidad y perspectivas del libro ilustrado» (“Current news and perspectives of the illustrated book”). The course focuses on the exhibit of original drawings by Vladímir Lébedev as well as participation of the conference lecturers, Carlos Pérez and Emilio Urberuaga.
- April 2nd. Discussion about the Media Vaca book: El señor Korbes y otros cuentos de Grimm (Mr. Korbes and other stories by Grimm) in the Biblioteca Pública de Valencia [Valencia Public Library] (calle Hospital s/n) to celebrate International Children's Book Day and to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the appearance of the first collection of stories by the famous Grimm brothers. The event was presented by the Library Director, María Jesús Carrillo with the intervention by the publishers and the illustrator, Oliveiro Dumas, who humorously revealed several secrets of his work, which by the way, also celebrated its 10th birthday. We all get old.
- April 21st. «Media Vaca: llibres, mosques i formigues» ("Media Vaca: Books, flies and ants"): Presentation by the Publisher House in the Bookshop: Llibreria L'Àmbit in Benicàssim, by the publishers in the scheduled events of the Fira del Llibre a Benicàssim (Benicassim Book Fair).
- April 23rd. Presentation by the Publisher House in the Faculty of Philology of the University of Valencia to celebrate Book Day. Sala César Simón (César Simón Hall).
- July. Reflejos y sombras (Reflections and Shadows) and Cartas a Aldo Buzzi, 1945-1999 (Letters to Aldo Buzzi, 1945-1999).
- July 2nd-5th. Conference about «El Mundo al revés o la locura de los hombres» (“The world turned upside down or the madness of men”) in the Miguel Delibes centre of Urueña. The exhibit which is the focus of this meeting, curated by Jesús María Martínez, includes abundant graphic material, from Egyptian papyrus and hallelujah sheets up to several illustrations which Miguel Calatayud created for the book: El mundo al revés (The world turned upside down), published by Media Vaca.
- October 25th. Public reading of texts from the book: Benvinguts al Cabanyal by actors celebrate the «El Cabanyal a Ultramar» (“El Cabanyal as Sala Ultramar”) Week, organized by the Teatre Companya (Xavier Puchades, Begoña Tena) together with the rest of the team from the Sala Ultramar (Ultramar Cultural Space) of Valencia.
- October 31st. Presentation of the books: Reflejos y sombras and Cartas a Aldo Buzzi in the Sala de la Muralla (City-Wall Hall) of the School: Mayor Rector Peset of Valencia. Interventions by: Carlos Pérez, writer and author of the comment and the publishers of Media Vaca.
- November 29th. Presentation of the books: Reflejos y sombras and Cartas a Aldo Buzzi in the bookshop: Panta Rhei. Interventions by the publishers of Media Vaca and several members of the audience. Major presence of illustrators in only a few square meters. We highlight Alfredo González, Mauricio d'Ors and Emilio Urberuaga, whose elegance seemed as if they had been sketched by Steinberg himself.
- December 13th. Presentation of the books: Reflejos y sombras and Cartas a Aldo Buzzi in the A34 Gallery of Barcelona. The illustrator, Arnal Ballester intervened accompanied by the publisher, Vicente Ferrer and the photographer, Daniela Roman, the niece of Saul Steinberg, who travelled from Paris as a guest invited by the gallery. Coinciding with the presentation, the gallery exhibited original artwork by Steinberg as well as rarely viewed personal items and family photos.
- March. El Persa: Sólo para amigos (El Persa: For friends only.
- April 11th-May 20th. Exhibit of «El Persa: Sólo para amigos» in the Sala de la Muralla (City-Wall Hall) of the School: Colegio Mayor Rector Peset of Valencia. In the inauguration, there were brief interventions by Salvador Albiñana, Tomás March and Vicente Ferrer. The exhibit, whose contents do not coincide with the book of the same title, features, cut-outs, paintings, publications and original drawings by El Persa, the majority of which remain unpublished. Juanvi Monzó and Tomás March took care of the assembly with the help of Juan Peiró in the videos and Pepa García in the cut-outs. Organized by: Media Vaca, CARPEP (Círculo Artístico Recreativo de las Publicaciones de El Persa [Recreational Artistic Circle of Publications by El Persa]) and the school: Colegio Mayor Rector Peset, with the support of the Vice-Chancellor of Culture and Equality.
- May 8th. Presentation of the book: El Persa: Sólo para amigos en la Sala de la Muralla (City-Wall Hall) of the School: Colegio Mayor Rector Peset of Valencia. Interventions by: ___________ [your name here], Begoña Lobo and Vicente Ferrer, publishers of Media Vaca.
- May 10th-18th. Book Fair of Badajoz. Saturday, 11th of May, 19:30: Presentation of the Publishing House in the sunny Carpa de Conferencias (Conferences Tent) of Paseo de San Francisco. Discussion «A través del espejo» ("Through the Looking Glass"), by Vicente Ferrer and Begoña Lobo. Organized by the Bookshop: librería Antøn Antøn. Small but very interested audience (several persons sent euphoric e-mails a few days after the event).
- July. A través del espejo (Through the Looking Glass) and Cubiertas para Cartelera Turia (Covers for Cartelera Turia.
- November. Buffalo Bill Romance.
- November 10th. 12:00: Presentation of the book: A través del espejo y lo que Alicia encontró allí (Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There) in the secret garden of the bookshop: Venir a cuento of Madrid (calle Embajadores, 29). The event, whose contents were quite secret, was attended by the publishers of Media Vaca, as well as the main characters of the story.
- November 12th. 20:00: Round table: «Ilustrar a Ramón» ("Illustrating Ramón"), in the Centro de Arte Moderno (Modern Art Centre) bookshop of Madrid. Scheduled event in the activities performed as a tribute to Ramón Gómez de la Serna, on the 50th anniversary of his death. Participation by: César Fernández Arias, illustrator of 100 Greguerías ilustradas; Vicente Ferrer, publisher of Media Vaca; Juan Carlos Albert, director of the magazine: Boletín Ramón; and Claudio Pérez Míguez, host and director of the publishing house: Del Centro Editores. (Alfredo González, illustrator of the book: Seis barbas de besugo, excused his absence because he was in bed with an evil virus which was a gift from his granddaughter. On the other hand, the César Fernández Arias' mother attended and was in perfect shape). From her house, Ioana Zlotescu followed the recording of the event, which took place in a "Ramonian" crypt.
- November 27th. 19:30: Presentation of the book: Buffalo Bill Romance in the Sala de la Muralla (City-Wall Hall) of the School: Colegio Mayor Rector Peset of Valencia. The activity was advertised in the following way: «In this simple event, in which the authors, the publishes and an undetermined number of Indians participated, the Soprano, Begoña Martínez, accompanied by the Pianist, Jesús Debón, performed several of the songs which inspired Carlos Pérez. Then also as courtesy of the author, "Muscàndia" cava and canapés were served, prepared for this occasion by the chef Javier Rodríguez Soria». Musical programme: Je te veux (Erik Satie and Henry Pacory), You do something to me (Cole Porter), Ça c'est Paris (José Padilla and Lucien Boyer), Lone Star (T. W. Thurban and Percy Edgar), I love Paris (Cole Porter), Ramona (L. Wolfe Gilbert and Mabel Wayne) and Buffalo Bill (J. Valero and M. Salina).
- December 12th. 20:00: Presentation of the book by Miguel Calatayud, Cubiertas para Cartelera Turia in the Wine Bar of the Restaurant Congo Jazz (calle Conde Altea, 22, Valencia). In the event, a meeting of friends in which they affectionately remembered Federico García Herraiz, there were interventions by the author and publishers; the Pianist, Roberto Capella performed jazz compositions to cheer up the crowd.
- December 14th. 19:00: Presentation of the book: Buffalo Bill Romance in the premises of the Proyecto Matraz [Matraz Project] (calle Josep Aguirre, 28, Valencia). The authors and the publishers participated. The Soprano, Begoña Martínez and the Pianist, Jesús Debón gave a repeat performance surrounded by all types of Indians.
- January 16th. 19:00: Presentation of the book: Cubiertas para Cartelera Turia in the Aula Magna (Main Hall of the University of Valencia, in the commemorative events of the 50th anniversary of the Cartelera Turia (Turia Magazine). Interventions by the author, Miguel Calatayud, the director of Cartelera Turia, Vicente Vergara, the comic book scholar, Álvaro Pons and the publisher, Vicente Ferrer. The table was moderated by the writer, Alfons Cervera.
- Marth 24th-27th. Children's Book Fair of Bologna. Presence of books (and the publishers) in the collective stand of the Federación de Gremios (Guilds Federation) (Hall 29, Stand B19).
- April. ¡Fuego! (Fire!).
- April 4th. Presentation of the book: Buffalo Bill Romance in the bookshop: Bartleby of Valencia (calle Cádiz, 50). Interventions by the illustrator, Dani Sanchis and the publisher, Vicente Ferrer.
- April 25th. 12:00. Presentation by Media Vaca in the Facultad de Bellas Artes (Faculty of Fine Arts) Library of Madrid, which ended up adding a large part of the catalogue into their collection. Round table with the participation of the Library Director, Javier Pérez Iglesias, the illustrators Javier Olivares and César Fernández Arias and the publisher, Vicente Ferrer. Ana Garralón, expert in Children and Teenage Literature, was going to be the moderator, but had to leave early for a flight to Mexico, so she sent her questions on little pieces of paper thrown from the plane.
- May 21st-23rd. Participation in the 5th edition of the Plaster Festival, International Festival of Poster and Typography, in Torun, Poland, curated by Krzysztof Bialowicz and dedicated to Spain as the guest country. May 21st, 19:00: Inauguration of the exhibit: Mis primeras 80.000 palabras in the terrace of CoCA (Museo de Arte Contemporáneo [Contemporary Art Museum]); May 22nd, 10:00-13:00 / 15:00-18:00: taller de confección de pequeños cuadernillos (small notebook creation workshop) by Vicente Ferrer; May 23rd, 11:00-17:00: conferences: «Corrida: Controversial Graphic Design» in Cinema Centrum, CoCA. Interventions by: Germán Úcar and Iñigo del Canto (Estudio Vaca), Javier Manzanos (Centro de Arte Contemporáneo Huarte), Grzegorz Laszuk, Malgorzata Gurowska and Marek Piekarski, Piotr Mlodozeniec, Ryszard Kajzer.
- May 24th. Book Fair of Warsaw. Stadion Narodowy. 12:00-13:00: the illustrator, Agnieszka Borucka-Foks, signed copies of the book: ¡Fuego! in the Tako stand (stand 111/C4); 14:15 horas: Vicente Ferrer presented the Polish books of the Publisher House (¡Fuego! and Alicia a través del espejo) and the rest of the Media Vaca books in the Rzym Wyklad Hall in the Press section. Intervention by Agnieszka Borucka-Foks. (The Book Fair of Warsaw occupies an entire Football stadium, quite an impressive feat. On the football pitch, there were children's workshops and in the stands, people were sitting and reading books).
- May 26th. 15:00. Presentation by the Publisher House and the Polish projects (including the book: Warszawa (Warsaw), in preparation) to the Students of the Fine Arts School of Warsaw. Interventions by Grazka Lange, Agnieszka Borucka-Foks and the publishers.
- June 5th-September 21st. El Persa in the Botànic (Botanical Garden) Exhibit. Activities organized by the Botanical Garden of Valencia and the CARPEP, Círculo Artístico Recreativo de las Publicaciones de El Persa (Recreational Artistic Circle of Publications by El Persa).
- July 4th. III Jornades de laboratoris de lectura (3rd Reading Laboratory Workdays in the Roca Umbert Library of Granollers with the title: «Camins lectors: El bagatge literari i cultural dels infants» (“Reader Paths: The literary and cultural baggage of children”). 10:00: lecture: «Media Vaca: la vida secreta de los libros» ("Media Vaca: the secret life of books"), by Vicente Ferrer. Presented by: Cristina Garreta.
- September. Buenos Aires.
- September 19th. Celebration of the First World Conference of the SADPPD (Sociedad de Amigos y Difusores de la Pelota Postal Descascarillable [Society of Friends and Communicators of the Derailed Postal Ball]). Coinciding with the conclusion of the El Persa in the Jardí Botànic (Botanical Garden) Exhibit, the SADPPD and CARPEP hereby summoned this transcendental happening. The event which took place in the Umbracle Space of the Botanical Garden, consisted in the reading of brief lectures by outstanding specialists in the postal ball who were also good friends of El Persa. Subsequently, the membership cards will be delivered to the participants; the event will be concluded with the performance of the PPD Hymn composed by José María Pagés, by a choir group assembled for this memorable occasion. Interventions by Tomás March, Paco Zarzoso, Pepe Macca, Consol Albiñana, Manuel Peris and Dalia Izquierdo; the official closing ceremony will be done by Jaime Güemes, on behalf of the Botànic (Botanical Garden).
- October 2nd-5th. Participation in the Tabook Festival, organized by the Publisher House, Editorial Baobab and devoted to small publishers, in Tabor, Czech Republic. Saturday, October 4th, 9:30-13:00: Presentation by the Publisher house and book exhibit in Strelnice, jointly with publishers Corraini (Italy), Sophie Van der Linden (France), Siguté Chlebinskaité (Lithuania) and Svein Storgsen, of Magikon (Norway).
- October 17th-November 2nd. XVI Cabanyal Portes Obertes (16th Cabanyal Open Doors): L'art de resistir (The Art of Resisting). Exhibit of the illustrations of the book: Benvinguts al Cabanyal in the house at Calle de la Reina, 140.
- November 20th. Awards Ceremony of the Premios a los Libros Mejor Editados (Awards for the Best Published Books) and Librerías de la Comunidad Valenciana (Bookshops of the Valencian Community). On this occasion, Media Vaca was honoured with the Premi al Llibre de Bibliofília i d'Artista Millor Editat (Award for the Bibliophile Book and Best Published Artist), awarded to the book: El Persa: Sólo para amigos (El Persa: For friends only). Location: Public Library of Valencia. The award was accepted by Marta Cardona García. By assignment from the Dirección General del Libro (Directorate General of Books), the Bocabadats Media team created a booktrailer about the book which was presented in this same event.
- November 29th-December 7th. International Book Fair (FIL) of Guadalajara (Mexico). Presence of books in the Publisher House stand: Petra ediciones of Mexico. Tuesday, December 2nd: I Foro Internacional de Diseño Editorial (1st International Forum of Publisher Design). 19:15-20:00 : «El rol del diseño en la conceptualización del libro» (“The role of design in the book’s conceptualization”), a conversation between Peggy Espinosa (Petra Ediciones) and Vicente Ferrer (Media Vaca). Organized by: FIL Guadalajara and Anáhuac University.
- February 27th. Discussion-colloquium in the bookshop: Casa del Libro of Valencia, as the premier of the series: «Nuestra editorial del mes» (“Our Publisher House of the Month”). The event was organized by the bookshop owners, Virginia and Marta; participation by the publishers and the illustrator Marta Pina.
- March 30th-April 2nd. Children's Book Fair of Bologna. Presence of books (and the publishers) in the collective stand of the Federación de Gremios (Guilds Federation) (Hall 29, Stand B19-C18).
- April. Cómo puede ser la democracia (How democracy could be), Así es la dictadura (This is what a dictatorship is like), Hay clases sociales (There are social classes) and Las mujeres y los hombres (Women and Men).
- April 20th. The Publisher House received a visit from a group of students from the Ciclo Superior de Ilustración y Diseño Gráfico (Advanced Course of Illustration and Graphic Design) of EASD Castellon. The professor Charo Sanchis had notified: «At most, there will be 35 persons» In the end, there were around 20 students accompanied by 4 professors and everyone managed to find a seat.
- April 23rd. To celebrate Book Day, the Publisher House was visited by a group of boys and girls from the Public School: CEIP 100 de Russafa, accompanied by several mothers. Rebeca, who made the appointment, announced the arrival of 11 children and 6 mothers between 17:00 and 17:15. In the end, there were many more and it was impossible to count them all! There were even fathers. The kids laid down on the floor, climbed up on everything that was high and flowed into all the nooks and crannies as if they were water. They read several Grimm fairy tales, looked at the Milan book with 3D glasses, they sang, they shouted, etc. All the children received the little book, Hogar, dulce hogar (Home, sweet home) by Oliveiro Dumas and the notebook by César Fernández Arias, El mundo es como yo quiero (The world is how I want it). Several kids asked for a second copy for the friends who didn't come.
- May 1st. Fira del Llibre de València (Book Fair of Valencia). Jardín de Viveros (Viveros Park). Between 12:00 and 14:00, Marta Pina signed copies of the books: Cómo puede ser la democracia and El alma se serena, in the Railowsky stand.
- May 8th. Presentation of the Libros para Mañana (Books for Tomorrow) Collection in the bookshop: Ambreta, of Valencia. Participation by Marta Pina, Joan Negrescolor and the publishers. Great attendance, among whom there were many children and the Valencian family of Joan Negrescolor.
- June 27th. Presentation of the Libros para Mañana (Books for Tomorrow) Collection in the bookshop: La Repartidora, of Benimaclet. Neus Berenguer was the master of ceremonies and she read a beautiful text. Participation by Marta Pina and the publishers.
- September. Warszawa (Warsaw).
- September 11th. Presentation of the Polish edition of the book: Warszawa (Tako) in the Psa Czy Suki shop («Perro o Perra» [Male or Female Dog]) of Warsaw. Participation by Grazka Lange and the publishers of Media Vaca, as well as several authors of the texts. Intervention by Filip Lobodzinski as moderator and translator.
- September 12th. Presentation of the book: Buenos Aires in Bogotá, in the Café and Bookshop: Casa Tomada. The event was presented by Juan David Correa and Hernán Sasone, in a conversation with the author, Diego Bianki.
- November 6th. Lecture by Vicente Ferrer («Publicar Alicia en la actualidad» [Publishing Alice Today"]) in the third session of a very tight scheduled workday by the participants of «Recordando Alicia en el País de las Maravillas» ("Remembering Alice in Wonderland"), which celebrated the 150th anniversary of the book's publication. Organized by the English and German Philology Department. The workday was performed in the Salón de actos (Assembly Hall of the Faculty of Philology of the University of Valencia. Presented by: María José Coperías (University of Valencia).
- November 10th. Work session with Post-Graduate students from the Elisava School of Barcelona, by invitation of the professors, José Luis Merino and Mery Cuesta. The publisher of Media Vaca presented a project to the students for the creation of a collective book based on the idea of a museum of reproductions.
- November 20th. 12:00: Award ceremony of the Premios a los Mejores Libros de 2014 (2014 Best Books Awards), summoned by the Valencian Regional Government. The book: ¡Fuego!, by Jan Brzechwa and Agnieszka Borucka-Foks, received the Premio al Mejor Libro Editado de 2014 (2014 Award for Best Published Book). In the event, celebrated in San Miguel de los Reyes, Begoña Lobo accepted the diploma from the Councillor of Education and Culture and Vicente Ferrer read the text: «Alfabeto de circunstancias» ("Alphabet of Circumstances"). At 14:00, the publishers of Media Vaca participated in the discussion group «Librerías y Libros» ("Bookshops and Books"), organized by Casa Montaña, together with the bookshop owners: Noviembre (Benicàssim), Mònica and Célia, Teresa Álvarez Aub, Mario Sánchez, Fani Grande, Fernando Flores, Manuel Peris, Miguel Morata (Librería Primado), Mila Villanueva, Susana Fortes and Alfons Cervera. Moderated by Emiliano García, owner of Casa Montaña.
- November 30th-December 4th. Participation in the second edition of the Semana Ilustrada (Illustrated Week), summoned by the Biblioteca Insular de Gran Canaria (Gran Canary Island Library) and coordinated by the illustrator, Pablo Amargo. Thursday, December 3rd: Discussion by Vicente Ferrer, with the title: «Trabajar con un editor loco» (“Working with a crazy publisher”). Friday, December 4th: the same madman moderated a round table about illustrated magazines with Ana Lartitegui (Fuera de Margen), Juanjo Moreno (Yorokobu) and Pablo Amargo (Jot Down Magazine). The workdays in which Elena Odriozola, Ajubel, Gustavo Puerta and Gabriel Pacheco also participated, among others, were celebrated in the Library itself, in the city of Las Palmas.
- December. Oaxaca and Adiós al porvenir (Goodbye to the future).
- January 5th. 16:00. Presentation of the book: Oaxaca during the 9th Edition of Tenderete (Stall), celebrated for the second year in Las Naves. The event was attended by Roger Omar and the publishers, accompanied a numerous group of friends, among which there was even a young illustrator from Oaxaca.
- February 17th. 18:00. Conference by Begoña Lobo and Vicente Ferrer with the title: «Habló la vaca y dijo mu» (“The cow spoke and it said moo”), to present the publisher house's work in the EASD, Escuela de Arte y Superior de Diseño (School of Art and Advanced Design) of Valencia. For over two hours, the audience which filled the Salón de Actos [Assembly Hall] (120 persons seated in chairs and 20 seated on the floor) took advantage of the invitation from the publishers to ask all kinds of questions.
- March 5th. «Resoñando Oaxaca» "Redreaming Oaxaca"). Drawing workshop for children in the bookshop-gallery: Pepita Lumier, of Valencia, taught by Roger Omar, based on the booK: Oaxaca. Roger proposed that the workshop participants to redesign the city of Oaxaca based on the dreams in the book.
- March 10th. 19:30. «Oaxaca en Russafa»: presentation of the book: Oaxaca in the bookshop: Bartleby of Valencia. Interventions by Roger Omar and Vicente Ferrer. Among the audience, there was also a girl who was born in Oaxaca, but different from the previous time; a remarkable fact which surprised the author and the publishers with great joy.
- April 4th-7th. Children's Book Fair of Bologna. Presence of books and the publishers in the collective stand of the Federación de Gremios (Guilds Federation) (Hall 29, Stand B17-C26). Monday, April 4th. 18:30: Awards Ceremony of the Bologna Ragazzi Award in the setting of the Archi-ginnasio. Los Libros para Mañana (Books for Tomorrow) were honoured with the first prize in the Non-Fiction category. Tuesday, April 5th. 16:00: Presentation of the Libros para Mañana (Books for Tomorrow) collection in the Illustrators Cafè. Participation by Joan Negrescolor (selected in the Fair's illustrations exhibit for his work, Hay clases sociales) and the publishers. The table was moderated by Marcella Terrusi and Gabriella provided the simultaneous translation.
- April 14th. Presentation of the Libros para Mañana (Books for Tomorrow) Collection in the bookshop: Loring Art, of Barcelona. With the presence of the illustrators, Luci Gutiérrez and Joan Negrescolor. Piu Martínez acted as host and moderator; she is the creator of the blog called "La Pequeña Ciudad de P".
- April 15th. 19:30. Inauguration of the photography exhibit by Rafael de Luis created for the book: Valencia in the Railowsky photography gallery. Interventions by Rafael de Luis and Bartolomé Ferrando, authors of the book and the publishers of Media Vaca.
- April 16th. Participation by Media Vaca in the XII Semana Republicana (12th Republican Week) of Cieza, Murcia, organized by the Club Atalaya of this city. Among the scheduled activities —in the Club's Assembly Hall— we celebrated the first International presentation of the book: Adiós al porvenir.
- May 13th. 17:30. Participation of the Media Vaca publishers in the Master's Degree in "Lectura, libros y lectores infantiles y juveniles" (Reading, books and children and adolescent readers"), supervised by Rosa Tabernero and organized by the University of Zaragoza. Discussion with the students in the hall and those connected by Internet.
- May 18th. 18:00. Closing ceremony of the photography exhibit by Rafael de Luis in Railowsky. Meeting with friends among books and photos, moderate alcohol (served in tiny glasses due to publisher's mistake) and bowls with chips.
- May 20th. Participation by the Publisher House in the Factoria d'Il·lustració a Patraix (Illustration Factory in Patraix), organized by APIV and the association: Factoria d'Arts a Patraix. Workshops for children by Roger Omar, about the book, Oaxaca, along with Aina Bonet and Javier Gay, about the books, Hay clases sociales and Mis primeras 80.000 palabras.
- May 27th-29th. Participation with a hut designed by Robinson Crusoe, in the first edition of the trade fair, Palo Alto Market Fest, celebrated in the "Jardines de Viveros" park. Paid entry ticket, gusts of wind, sand blowing on the books, misty rain and a parade of people who apparently did not expect to find books there.
- June 4th. 11:30. Presentation of the Libros para Mañana collection at the Eugenio Trías Municipal Library, in the former zoo, "Casa de Fieras" at the Retiro Park in Madrid. Interventions by Mikel Casal, José Luis García Sánchez, Begoña Lobo and Vicente Ferrer. Moderated by Javier Pizarro, teacher and collaborator of the digital magazine, El Asombrario.
- June 11th-25th. Exhibit of the original artworks by Diego Bianki created for the book, Buenos Aires. The exhibit took place in the Granada Gallery in the Buenos Aires neighbourhood of Palermo and coincided with the anniversary of the second founding of Buenos Aires, on June 11th, 1580.
- July 19th. Inauguration of the II Jornades d’Animació a la Lectura, Escriptura i Observació” [2nd Animation for Reading Workdays] (JALEO'16) at San Miguel de los Reyes, Head Office of the Valencian Library. Vicente Ferrer accompanied Miguel Calatayud in a commented visit through the exhibit about the illustrator's artwork comprised by large panels arranged in the cloister.
- July 20th-22nd. Activities of the JALEO'16 Workdays. July 21st. 18:30. At the palace, Palau de Pineda, Head Office of UIMP, there was a round table, «El ayer y el hoy de la edición de LIJ en España» («The Yesterday and Today of LIJ publishing in Spain»). Participation by: Miguel Calatayud, Juanjo Oller (Milimbo), Arianna Squilloni (A Buen Paso), Vicente Ferrer and Begoña Lobo (Media Vaca). Moderated by Mar Benegas, Course Director.
- July 25th. Presentation of the book by Bianki, Buenos Aires at the Granada Gallery in Buenos Aires. The Author was accompanied by Washington Cucurto, Daniel Wolkowicz and Gustavo Darío López.
- August. Libro de los defectos de los demás (Book of the defects of others).
- September 17th. 10:00-17:00. Participation in the Beautiful Book Fair of Piaseczno, celebrated in the Main Square of Piaseczno, Poland and organized by the ARKA Foundation of Jozef Wilkoń, the City's Public Library and Town Council. 15:30: Presentation of the Media Vaca Publisher House's books in the Central Office of the Culture Centre (Przystanek Kultury). Beatriz Blanco translated the publishers' words for the Polish audience and performed the song, La vaca Mariposa (Butterfly the cow) with major applause.
- October 28th. Ferrer Family party in the Tria Restaurant (Plaza Porta de la Mar, Valencia). After dinner and songs, more than seventy people with the Ferrer surname somewhere in their names, received books from Media Vaca (which hardly anyone knew), in a raffle, thanks to the intervention of several very eager Ferrer children.
- November 9th-10th. 2º Seminario Internacional de Ilustración (2nd International Illustration Seminar), organized by the FILIJ in Oaxaca and Mexico City. Thursday, November 10th. 11:30. Discussion by Vicente Ferrer, with the title, «Hacer libros» («Making books»), in CASA Oaxaca, Arts Centre of San Agustín Etla.
- November 11th. Delivery of copies of the Oaxaca book to the collaborating girls and boys of the Vicente Guerrero School in Oaxaca. The teachers gathered all the children in the patio; Roger Omar read the dreams from the school's students and asked their authors to identify themselves. When all the books had been distributed, approximately 50, diplomas were awarded designed by Mik Baro, signed by Roger Omar, Vicente Ferrer and Begoña Lobo with rubber stamps. Faced with the children's great response as they immediately formed a line, it was necessary for a little girl named Mildred Yandeli to act as Secretary and write the names on the diplomas in her pretty handwriting. 17:00. BS Children's Library, Oaxaca. Party hosted by BS and Media Vaca Publisher House for the participating children in the Oaxaca book. Before the afternoon snack, there were speeches by Freddy Aguilar, Roger Omar and Vicente Ferrer. The attending audience also listened to recordings in which the boys and girls read the dreams in the book. As suggested by Roger Omar, many children arrived with faces painted like spotted cows.
- November 12th. Presentation of the Oaxaca book in the Casa de la Cultura (Culture Centre) in Oaxaca and distribution of the book to the collaborators. Interventions by Roger Omar, Vicente Ferrer, one or two boys and three or four mothers, who shared all the details of their dreams. Among the crowd, there were no children who had participated in the book because they had grown up and we lost track of them. Diplomas for boy and girl dreamers were handed out.
- November 13th. Participation in the Feria Internacional del Libro de Oaxaca [International Book Fair of Oaxaca] (FILO). 12:00. Presentation of the Oaxaca book at El Recreo Forum (Alameda de León, Oaxaca). Interventions by Roger Omar and Vicente Ferrer. Moderated by Elisa Ruiz, Director of the Library, Biblioteca Fondo Ventura.
- November 14th. FILO Activities. 12:00. Inauguration of the exhibit about the Oaxaca book at the Library, Biblioteca Fondo Ventura in San Martín Mexicapan, with a display montage by Quatro Estudio. (The exhibit, open until December18th, was visited by 887 students). 17:00. State Public Library, Margarita Maza in Juárez. «Construir la ciudadanía desde la infancia» («Constructing citizenship since childhood»). Claudio Aravena, from the Foundation, Fundación La Fuente, had a discussion with Vicente Ferrer about the "Libros para Mañana" (Books for Tomorrow) collection.
- November 15th. Delivery of copies of the Oaxaca book to the collaborators from the Unión y Progreso School in San Sebastián Teitipac. The Teacher, Ignacio, was the master of ceremonies. Roger Omar was greeted with shouts of joy and applause by the children, who perfectly remembered his visit to the school to collect the dreams two years earlier.
- November 11th-21st. Participation in the “36 Feria Internacional del Libro Infantil y Juvenil de México” [36th International Children’s Book Fair of Mexico] (FILIJ). November 16th, 17th and 18th. 17:00. «Mi palabra favorita» («My favorite word») Workshop, taught by Vicente Ferrer in one of the tents installed in the Parque Bicentenario (Bicentennial Park), which was the site of the Fair. The rain on the first day transformed the park into a muddy quagmire and no one attended; on the second day, 8 people over the age of 15 visited; on the third day, there were 25 students between the ages of 13 and 15. The proposal was based on the Mis primeras 80.000 palabras (My First 80,000 Words) book. At the end of each session, copies were raffled (in one case, the teacher made a mistake and gave the book to someone who was not the real winner). Several students asked us to sign their artworks to certify their attendance in the Workshop.
- November 25th. Tenerife Design Week. 16:30-21:00. Awards Ceremony of the 2016 Graffica Awards in the Auditorium of the TEA Arts Centre: Tenerife Espacio de las Artes. The ten prize winners of 2016, selected by a jury comprised by 23 professionals from the design and image sectors were Ana Galvañ, Atlas, Bendita Gloria, CANADA, Ena Cardenal de la Nuez, Javier Mariscal, Joan Fontcuberta, Libros Mutantes, Pablo Amargo and Media Vaca.
- December 27th-30th. Participation in the Book Fair “Libros Amigos” (Books, Friends) in Madrid, organized by the Publisher, Libros Mutantes and the Cultural Centre, La Casa Encendida. Marga Díaz, collaborator and friend of the Publisher House, occasionally a mutant and always inspired, improvised drawing workshops for the children who visited and dispatched books with complete naturalness.
- January 10th. 13:00. Inauguration of the exhibit: «Adiós al porvenir. Sobre un texto de Manuel Azaña» («Farewell to the Future. A text about Manuel Azaña») which displayed enlarged versions of forty drawings created by Manuel Flores for this book. The author of the illustrations and the publishers strolled with the attending audience through the place where the exhibit was held in the Cloister: Claustro de San José de Caracciolos, in Alcalá de Henares. 19:00. Colloquium about Manuel Azaña in the International Conference Hall of the Rector’s Office. Interventions by: Jesús Cañete, of the University of Alcalá, María Antonia Hernández, President of the Forum, Foro del Henares, Manuel Flores and the Publishers of Media Vaca. There were activities designed to celebrate Manuel Azaña's birthday in the city of his birth, promoted by the Forum, Foro del Henares, and sponsored by the Town Council of Alcalá, the University of Alcalá and Media Vaca.
- January 11th. Presentation of the book: Adiós al porvenir at the "Venir a cuento" Book Shop in Madrid. Participation by: Manuel Flores and the Publishers. Meeting of friends, which ended up with dinner in typical Madrid tavern, which Manuel Azaña would have loved.
- February. Ludwig el extraterrestre (Ludwig the Alien).